Tuesday 8 July 2014

Schnitzel and Boo Mini Quilt Swap

Over the last two months I've happily participated in my first ever swap. I first saw information about the Schnitzel and Boo Mini Quilt Swap on Instagram and hurried over to Schnitzel and Boo's blog to register. I spent a happy (albeit nervous) few weeks stalking my partner, making her mini and gathering fun extras to send. Here's the finished mini in all it's late-afternoon sun glory.


The pattern is by Canoe Ridge Creations. I made each star from a collection of different fabrics in four colours, aqua, turquoise, navy and grey, for a scrappy look. I quilted it with closely spaced straight lines and bound it with Allison Glass' feathers print which is one of my all time favourite binding fabrics. This is my first time using it on a quilt but I just love it!! I'm pretty happy with how all the points matched up too.


To go with it I made a notebook cover and an open wide pouch using noodlehead's tutorial. I filled it up with some yummy Tim Tams, Vegemite and lollies, some Aussie designed fabrics and a tinned koala. I hope it was as fun to open as it was to make and pack! Now I'm stalking my mailman waiting for my parcel to arrive. Can't wait :-)



1 comment:

  1. Great colour choices for the mini and the extras you have made are excellent.

    ReplyDelete