Thursday 8 January 2015

A Lovely Year of Finishes - January Goal

I'm keen to link up with A Lovely Year of Finishes this year to help me stay on track with projects and finish up some of those I've been procrastinating about. January's goal was an easy one to pick! There are few smaller projects that need finishing this month but the most urgent is my Schnitzel and Boo Mini Quilt Swap mini quilt. The good news is I've already finished the quilt top!


 My partner had an orange peel quilt in her inspiration mosaic and said she liked colour and novelty prints. In my mind you cant go past Lizzy House for novelty prints so I dug into my stash and picked a rainbow of fussy cuts (largely Lizzy House prints) and colourful blenders for the orange peels.


I raw edge appliqued them onto low volume squares using the blanket stitch on my sewing machine. They went together so much more quickly than I thought they might! I arranged them in an almost rainbow gradient as I preferred that over a random layout. Now I'm just searching for the perfect backing and binding...


I'm ridiculously pleased with how it turned out. I kind of want to keep it for myself. That's a good sign, right? Linking up to A Lovely Year of Finishes


6 comments: